Parenting Resources during COVID-19
With schools being closed for the year and many working families stuck without childcare, my colleagues at Russell Investments - Nabil Nazarali and Rahim Mulji - put together some great resources and ideas:
- Google Street View – Get an up close view of the world
- With Google Street View, you can visit famous sites and monuments. For example Rome’s Colosseum, the Kohala Coast in Hawaii, or the inside of Palace of Versailles in France.
- Google Maps' Virtual Treks take you climbing to Everest Base Camp in Nepal to diving in the Galapagos Islands of Peru to searching for polar bears in Churchill, Manitoba.
- Google Arts & Culture – Take a virtual museum tour
- Google Arts & Culture gives you access to the world’s best galleries and museums.
- Free online tours of the British Museum, The Louvre, The Smithsonian and The Vatican,
- The Virtual Museum of Canada has a large digital source of stories and experiences shared by Canada’s museums and heritage organizations. You can even see iconic art pieces up close.
- Cook Meals From Around the World
- Duolingo – Learn a new language
- Duolingo allows you to spend just a few minutes a day learning a foreign language, in a fun game style. It’s free and there’s even an app for kids. You could also have a go at a new hobby.
- Visit a Virtual Zoo or Aquarium
- Visit Ripley's Aquarium of Canada in Toronto to keep an eye on the sharks.
- The San Diego Zoo is livestreaming a number of animals on its website, including koalas, pandas, giraffes and polar bears.
- You can also bring exotic animals like snow leopards into your living room with a selection of live video streams from Australian Zoos.